Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, April 21, 2014

My Mind's Picture

Sometimes I don't have my camera with me.  (Not often.  But sometimes.)  And so I have to take a visual snapshot of moments that make me smile.

During my run this morning, Staley wanted to get out of the double stroller and run with me.  So as I'm running and pushing Adelie in the stroller, Staley is running slightly in front of me along the paved path through the woods.  She's wearing a big, floofy tutu with a sparkly flower bow in her hair.  She's holding 3 wilty dandelions in each hand.  She has good running form, pumping her arms back and forth as she is moving along quickly with long strides that make her look so grown up to me.  And she's looking down as she runs, weaving back and forth across the path.  As she's running, she tells me, "I have to look at my feet when I'm running to see how fast I'm going."

Watching my little girl, all gussied up as if she's going to a party, pumping her arms back and forth while keeping a tight grip on her dandelions as she races along the path was one of those moments where I wish I had a camera.  But since I didn't, I took a mental picture...and I'm recording it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment