Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, December 16, 2013

My Little Wrecking Ball

Staley at 8 months was content to sit and play, read book after book after book, and delicately pick one card after another out of the Christmas card basket.  I thought that's what little girls were like.  Not my Adelie.  She never stops moving.  EVER!  She plays with toys in short bursts, but would rather empty the shelves, find something to eat on the floor, knock down whatever Staley is building, swipe everything off the table in the playroom, pull to stand on an unstable object, pull it over while falling down, and move on.  Adelie spends most of bath time trying to stand up.  Getting her dressed and changing her diaper is more like a wrestling match.  And keeping her quiet and entertained in church?  Let's just say that she will be going to the nursery starting next week.

The other day while playing in the playroom, I walked across the room to look at what Staley was coloring.  By the time I turned back around, Adelie had crawled onto the chair in the playroom and had pulled to stand at the mirror.  And like any good mom, I quickly grabbed my camera before removing my daughter from the dangerous situation she was in.


I love my daughter.  I love that she has her own unique personality and set of strengths.  But I'll admit.  By the end of the day at home with her, I'm exhausted.

Checking out our Christmas cards

In the 2 minutes it took me to get my shoes and coat

She's my little wrecking ball...and she sure is happy about it.



1 comment:

  1. Plan to be exhausted for a long, long time, my friend! She probably won't slow down anytime soon! That's why school is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete