Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, December 2, 2013

The First Gift of Christmas

I had to work on Friday after Thanksgiving, so Zach stayed home with the girls.  He took them to the Hallmark Store in town, and Staley picked out something for me for Christmas.  When I got home, she told me that she got me a surprise, but it was a secret.  I was impressed by her ability to keep the cat in the bag.

Well, it lasted 2 days.  Zach and Staley went and picked out a Christmas tree on Saturday morning.  On Sunday morning, Staley told me, "I'm going to give you your surprise."  I said, "I think it's a surprise for Christmas.  Let's wait until Christmas."  Staley responded, "I will give it to you after breakfast.  It's an ornament."  She REALLY wanted to give it to me so I could put it on the tree.

And so, the first gift of Christmas has been given.  It's a red, sparkly heart ornament with a nurse's cap in the middle.

And I couldn't love anything more!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Elle, this is adorable. I love the ornament--with the nurses cap!! LOL

    ReplyDelete